The future of web technology.
⇨ Hyperspace ⇦
No, haha, it's really just a fun little side project.
It's kinda my dream for what the web could be:
A massively collaborative, open platform where anyone can participate and you can create just about anything.
I have a 2 year old and not much free time, but I stay up well past midnight building this every night. (That should give you an idea of how important it is to me.)
So, what is it?
It's just like, this web thing, you know? Haha
Well, okay, it's really two things:
- An editable meta-platform
- A simple website with a powerful API
Does that sound scary? Yeah, it does to me too.
Let's start over.
So, it's really quite simple:
- You sign up
- You get a website
- You can edit its HTML
- Which makes it dynamic
- You can even edit its HTML in the browser's devtools and it will work
- But it's nicer if you use the built-in plugins to edit HTML
- Other people can contribute plugins too
- And send them to each other
- Everyone can copy each other's pages and plugins and tools
- And build on top of what came before (hence: meta platform)
- It's all just websites
- (Sounds kinda like the web itself, right?)
- (Well, it is, but it's all happening in the open)
- (Everything is open-source, real-time, and live in production)
- (Kinda like GitHub + Codepen + Neocities)
- Each website has an API for editing/copying/remixing its HTML
- It's quite fun, actually
- Oh, and there's lots of bad practices built-in that make it exciting
- Like editing production websites live
- And using HTML instead of a db as the source of truth
- But don't worry, because if you mess up, every save is backed up
- With read-only secure backups
So, what is it really?
- It's a fun platform to play around on and built personal websites
- Also a platform where you can build tools for editing those websites (and then share those tools with other people so they can build their sites better)
Let's get too it: